Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Final statement

For once in my life I feel as if I have found my voice through my art. When I hear my voice I feel empowered and makes we want to explore and investigate my artwork. But I feel I am Doctor Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, one moment my artwork takes on a soft loving tone, while the next is more sinister and darker than ever before

It is through this sinister side that I am able to create art that I have always wanted to create. My voice is irritated for society ignores the dysfunction that has come to the surface of the world. My voice is lashing out at society because of my pent up frustration with its scapegoat mentality. My mind is constantly saying, “I am mad as hell and I am not going to take it anymore”.

I am no longer softly whispering, but I am screaming at the top of my lungs. The viewer is no longer in the shadows searching to find meaning in my piece. They are touched and moved by my work. They are moved for the work allows them to step into the shoes of someone they may actually know or can connect to.

The viewer is able to interact with my thoughts and my feelings towards the world by actually taking part in the performance. They are able to feel the pain and agony that can come with dysfunction. It is through this exploration my work has gradually molded me into the artist I want to be, an artist with meaning. I intend the viewer will be able to show empathy and understanding of my work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home