Tuesday, April 10, 2007

All together now, all together now...

For the final push for this class I have chosen to go along with my last subject of perfection. I want to go along with the ideal beauty and portray it from ancient times to now. I want to show the differences from the vuluptious bodies of ancient greece to the natural bodies of the 1960s and 1970s. I want to show how women would look if we would keep on the track we are on. I want to see the transformation through time. Maybe it would be more of how fashion has shaped our bodies through the ages.

I'm going to portray this project throught either book form or a simple display along the wall similar to what I did with the pictures of Arnold. I want to go in with pens, embroidery, and even cut outs. Maybe start off with a solvent transfer and go from there. I want to portray a idea that every one knows about today; how fashion and media maybe not directly but idirectly affects how we see and portray ourselves. We have the freedom to be who we want to be not what our culture expects of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home